Are you talented, ambitious and compassionate? Do you want to help families which are just being built and those that are breaking apart have peace of mind now and for the future to come? If you are, we welcome your resume.
We are an entrepreneurial NY Divorce Law Firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we are committed to attracting top talent to join our team and work directly with the owner, attorneys and support staff to help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need additional staff who can hit the ground running.
Everyone’s contribution is important and critical to the success of the firm. If you want to be part of a dynamic company where you can grow and build a long, successful career, apply here for the following positions:Mid-Level Associate Attorney - Primarily Remote
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with other attorneys and paralegals to effectively move through the civil litigation process
- Help solve divorce and family issues for clients through analyzing the situation, understanding their needs, and creating a strategic plan of action
- Handle the division of marital assets during divorce proceedings as needed
- Advise and advocate for clients in child custody disputes
- Keep client files properly organized and up to date
- Represent clients in court proceedings as needed
- Draft pleadings, motions, contracts, marital settlement agreements, divorce judgements, support orders and other orders for a high volume of cases
- Draft and/or edit motions, affidavits, pleadings, legal arguments, testimony, and trial briefs
- Hearing Preparation
- Client Representation
- Case consultation & strategizing with client
- Communication with opposing parties, court, and others
- Perform case law research to identify and apply relevant judicial decisions, statutes, legal articles, codes, and other pertinent material
- Investigate the facts of a case
- Review and monitor new and updated laws and regulations
- Edit & approve substantive correspondence
- Advising clients on the development of their case objectives
- Ensuring transparency of the firm's casework
- Answering client's questions in a timely fashion
- Keeping clients aware of their case status to their satisfaction
- Abiding by the ethical rules of the profession
- Thorough & timely counseling clients on settlement versus contesting issues
- Promoting an excellent client experience
- Other tasks as assigned by Senior Attorney
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a matrimonial firm in New York
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, especially in highly stressful and emotional situations
- Member in good standing and actively involved with the American Bar Association
- Technical training or knowledge: Basic business software (MS Office Suite), Email client software, Dropbox software and cloud service, eFax, case management software, Legal research software (Westlaw, Lexis), and other computer and telephone technology as may be implemented and required for the position.
- Professional training or knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal research techniques
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology
- In-depth knowledge of state laws and regulations
- Work experience in same or similar job: At minimum Four (4) years of the divorce law firm or related attorney experience. Exemplary work experience in family law practice areas.
- Required general education or equivalent: Juris Doctorate from ABA law school. Timely compliance with CLE requirements.
- Required Licensure: Admitted to practice law in New York and satisfactory standing with the State Bar.
- Physical Demands: Good visual and auditory traits, proficient use of computer keyboard, and work in a seated or standing position for prolonged periods.
- Communications: Capable of clearly expressing written and oral ideas with proper grammar, formatting, and decorum; Thorough knowledge of legal communication principles and practices; Demonstration of emotional intelligence.
$110,000 - $150,000
Paralegal/ Legal Assistant - Partially Remote - One Day per Week in Office
We are looking for an experienced paralegal to assist attorneys in divorce litigation and family law cases. The candidate must know how to draft simple pleadings, proposed judgments, e-file cases via NYSCEF and EDDS, have excellent communication skills and be extremely detail oriented. We are seeking a candidate with at least 3 years of experience in matrimonial and family law firms.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist attorneys in litigation of divorce matters by:
- Organizing and analyzing discovery documents
- Drafting simple pleadings, letters, demands, responses
- Obtaining documents from clients
- Communicating with courts, clients
- Filing documents
- Preparing exhibits and organizing trial binders
- Managing files
- 3+ years of experience in a matrimonial firm
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
Excellent spoken and written English, Spoken Russian preferred but not required.
$60,000 - $85,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage attorney calendars
- Enter all court dates and deadlines in Firm calendar
- Prepare daily calendar for principal attorney
- Schedule prospective client consultations
- Schedule client meetings and conference calls
- Assist with processing new files in case management system, and open and maintain client files
- Update files and file indexes prior to any hearing, deposition or meeting
- Maintain client database in case management system
- Arrange travel for attorneys
- Communicate with clients by email
- Prepare discovery reports and charts
- Prepare attorney litigation binders with all necessary files and hearing notebooks
- Provide any additional assistance to attorney as needed and directed for client matters
- Assist with preparation of envelopes and postage for mailings as necessary
- Assist with scanning, faxing, photocopying and bates-stamping documents as necessary
- Enter billable time and expenses as requested; and
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications + Experience Required
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience at a law firm
- Experience handling high volume clientele
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel
- Typing skills 60+ WPM
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Proofreading Skills
- Dedication to providing high-quality service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be adaptable to the needs of each
- Friendly disposition
We thank all applicants for your submissions. Note that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.